Saturday, 2 January 2010

whole or parts?

 

The background is actually more obvious in this photo than in the journal. Probably because the words are so small in the picture, I don't concentrate on them as I do when I look at the page in the journal.

The words came to me while I was watching TV. Characters are portrayed to us in a limited manner; this is to elicit certain emotional responses from the audience. But what happens in real life? How much do we take into consideration when we meet another person? Does a person's intention mean more than their actions? How do we know what their true intentions are?

And the questions continue.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts. Our minds are only capable of processing so much information at one time, that's why we tend to stereotype people. It's a mental shortcut. The reality of a situation is always different than the perception. Such a lovely way to express the dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is lovely... with soft greens & blues. I like the way you've added printed journaling to your background. ~ Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this journal page. It almost looks 3D on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @dandelionlady Thank you. I was tempted to rant more on the topic, but I restricted it to the few phrases on the page.

    @gypsy thank you, I wish I had bigger stamps to use in the background though...

    @Deb yeah, the shadowing on this page came out better than I thought

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...