Friday, 26 March 2010

point & shoot journaling – resonance

I mentioned earlier that I’ve signed up for LK Ludwig’s Point and Shoot Journaling: One, Two and Three Course.

Here are the two pages I’ve made so far in the exercise Resonance.

"Resonate" - Tokyo Tower "Resonate" - Redwood Tree

It really was quite a challenge to take an unbent paper clip to the photos and scratch at them. If I didn’t have a digital copy in my computer, I would have never been able to do it. But once done, I must admit that the photo did stand out more. The second image was too busy already, so I didn’t think it would benefit much from being scratched.

I also went to watch Alice in Wonderland – the imagery was really inspiring. I hope to do something more in tribute to Tim Burton’s imagination, but for now (lest I forget) I did this small doddle.

alice in wonderland

6 comments:

  1. Love the angles...looking up

    Looking forward to seeing Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @organicsyes - I'm actually quite a tall person so I find the angle of looking up, and up, and up, quite refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. I printed mine out in color. And then scratched them to death since the scratches weren't showing up. Maybe I'll start over in black and white since I went and bought the glossy paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Ayra! I love the Alice page too. I have a movie journal that I keep and do pages for all the movies I see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your pages and the Alice in Wonderland doodle too! What a cool idea, keeping a movie journal! I saw the movie last week, LOTS OF IMAGES.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @freebird - I think scratches do show up better on photos that are less busy, whether in colour or in imagery (that's why I didn't scratch the photo with the redwood, I don't think it would show up)

    @Purrplekatt - I agree with immortalindigo, a movie journal seems like a good idea, printing out pictures or screenshots from the movie and collaging them into the page

    @immortalindigo - I just loved the font used in the Alice in Wonderland title, and the trees, the trees in the movie was just so dark and twisty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...