Follow me

SupaNova 2011 (Perth) - Day 3

This is a relatively short post and is the last one in my three part series on my SupaNova weekend in Perth. Please find the links to my previous posts below:

My third and last day in Perth is very James-Marsters-centered. I planned to attend the James Marsters panel, get a photo and autograph with him and then later that night attend the SupaNova afterparty, which James would also be attending.

I hadn't mentioned this earlier, but I had taken my Gothic Lolita outfit to Perth with me. Hearing how there are more cosplayers on the Saturday than the Sunday, I wore that outfit on Saturday. Which leaves me wearing casual clothes on the Sunday. Which is just fine - as much as I love the fashion, I didn't want to take a photo with James Marsters in it.

But first things first, the James Marsters panel.

I woke up at 10:30am thinking, "What time was the James Marsters panel again?"

It starts at 11am.

Of course I wasn't going to just run out of the apartment without proper grooming - photo taking, remember? - but I swear it was the quickest I've ever put on make up.

I didn't miss too much of it, luckily, and got a few snapshots while I was at it.


Look at that smile, who wouldn't swoon?


Then, while I was waiting for James Marsters' photo op session, I went to watch the anime game show.


Yeah, even John Robertson was a bit gobsmacked about this performance.


I love this pair's cosplay. Even though I'm not too sure which anime it's from (more my fault than their's), I thought their's was the prettiest out of the two days worth of costumes I'd seen.


More cosplays.


And finally, my picture with James Marsters.

 

I was going to tell you how my mind went completely blank when he shook my hand and said, "hi," but I think you guys have had enough of me swooning in the past three entries. XD

Oh, and the after-party?

It was unnerving to see how much more fan-girly other people could be - I mean, I thought I was bad. But everyone behaved, to a degree. I even got to meet Gareth David-Lloyd (aka, Ianto Jones in Torchwood).
He's quite a unique individual - for a lack of better words - and I'm now watching Torchwood, to compare the actor and the character. It would be interesting to watch a show after meeting the real person (as opposed to the opposite).

As I have warned, this is a fairly short entry. Unfortunately I took so long to get all the photos sorted out that the impressions of the trip is no longer fresh in my mind.

I'll have to keep in mind to actually write the entries while on future trips, and then edit and publish them when I get back.

Since I have a Hong Kong/Tokyo trip planned for September, this is a good tip to keep in mind. ;P

Comments

Popular Posts