Follow me

in search of the perfect diary insert - making the W2P vertical work

I wanted to write about this a little while back, but I never actually gotten around to it...

I'm not sure whether every A5 Filofax comes with the same type of diary inserts, but my Finsbury came with vertical week on two pages inserts.
I never liked this type of insert because I never feel like I have enough room to write my appointments.

The appointment format is good for work or school where the bulk of their appointments are during the day, but I use my Outlook calendar for work and there's not enough room for night-time "social" events.

However, since the inserts were included for free, I decided to give it a go.

As you can see, I did try, I even re-wrote some of my work appointments into the Filofax (otherwise I'd end up with a lot of blank spaces, another thing I don't like about appointment format inserts).

I was using the Finsbury as my personal and work Filofax (yes, past tense, I have since bought another Filo, but we'll talk about that another time) and as expected, the format works for my work appointment, but I barely have room to write my dinner plans and the space left for Saturday and Sunday is ridiculous.

In trying to increase the amount of "time" represented, I tried ruling a line down the middle of each day, to have an "AM" half and a "PM" half. This was disastrous, as now I have even less space to write my appointment in. So I quickly scrapped that idea.

But now I still have a diary insert with big swarthe of empty spaces with most of my appointments crammed into the bottom of each page, not to mention my having to copy my Outlook work appointments into my Filofax.

Then it hit me, why not have Outlook print out my diary pages...

(I'll be starting a series of articles related to diary inserts, so watch this space!)

Comments

  1. Take a look at

    http://philofaxy.blogspot.com/p/free-diary-inserts.html

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually writing an entry about that right now =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts