Follow me

scrapbooking in pink


I am not usually a pink person. I don't have a pink bedroom, I don't wear pink clothes. But for some reason when it comes to scrapbook papers, I'm finding myself drawn more and more to the pinks and aquas in the Maggie Holmes lines, and the Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzie lines.

Last week I finally received my April Project Life Kit from Citrus Twist. I had also ordered their paper packs, so I had a few more 12x12 papers to work with as well.

Shimelle has a "Scrapbooking in Pink" challenge for NSD, and this is the layout I'm submitting.

The background paper actually had a very pretty A-side, with these frilled garlands in colours that I just adore and with enough pinks to justify the submission. But the pattern was very hard to work with, and I found the B-side to be much more forgiving. Plus, it was very pink!

This layout is about how hard it was for me to stay connect to the internet while I was on my month long trip to Europe. I was forever looking for WiFi hotspots to stay "plugged in". My friend was both amused and exasperated by my internet addition and took this photo of me during one of our lunch breaks. It was one of those rare places that had free WiFi and I was frantically getting my internet fix.


I had these triangular pennants from the Teresa Collins' She Said Collection that I just didn't know what to do with. But while I was playing with them, I realised that I could use them to make this WiFi logo. It was just one of those ah-ha moments.


Most of the strips are actually from the logo strips at the bottom of full sized pages. I always love the patterns on them and find that it was a waste to just throw them out. Sometimes if you look at the logo strip of another piece of paper from the same collection, you'd usually find something that would match what you're currently working on.


Whenever I create my layouts, whether Project Life or traditional, I usually use whatever's on hand or in my room. This time I created the layout first and realised I didn't have any alphas that I liked. So I went to my LSS with a general idea of what I wanted and bought the alphas above (the pink were AC's Eclair Thickers in Strawberry, and the white are AC's Sunny Thickers in White).

Perhaps I should think about the way I shop? If I start buying items with specific projects in mind, I might end up spending less? *pfft* I still came out of that store with one additional pack of thickers and a pack of AC die cuts.

Which leads to my last point regarding this layout - and my question of the week. Now when I look back at this layout, although I really really like it, I find that it's lacking embellishments. I have a lot of paper, but not a lot else. Perhaps I need to start buying less paper and more embellishments? Brads and buttons, or perhaps ribbons and threads?

How do you embellish your pages with just paper? Do you create those pretty paper windmills? What else could you do?



I'm a quite a newbie to scrapbooking, so any feedback regarding the layout, whether the colour choice, composition or photo positioning, would be quite appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts